Developed in the Unity engine, the Bloktopia Metaverse is a Skyscraper with 21 levels that represents 21 million Bitcoins. With over 200 virtual stores, a gaming floor, an auditorium for live talks and seminars, and several venues for events, Bloktopia unites the best of blockchain technology and virtual reality.
Bloktopia acts as a central hub that welcomes all levels of crypto experience — from educating oneself in the basics of crypto to learning from some of the best minds in the industry. Users can also earn revenue through advertising and real estate ownership, by playing games with friends, building networks, and other forms of earning mechanisms in the blockchain world.
In February 2022, the Bloktopia Alpha was launched. As the first of many releases to come, it will build on feedback from the community until the full commercial release of the platform. Bloktopia’s native token $BLOK has a circulating supply of roughly 8.34 billion coins, on the backdrop of a $26.4 billion market cap.
Tokenomics of BLOK token
The $BLOK token has a maximum supply of 200 billion with an initial circulating supply of 2.04 billion. Once early investor token unlocks are complete, there will be up to 38 billion worth of $BLOK tokens in circulation.
The $BLOK tokens are split into the following categories:
- 33% Treasury
- 25% Staking
- 15% Team
- 7% Advisors
- 6.16% Private round 2
- 4.15% Private round 1
- 4% Seed round
- 3.29% Early Adopters
- 1.4% Public sale
- 1% Exchange liquidity
BLOK use cases
The $BLOK token can be used in various ways. As Bloktopia’s native token, it is used as the main currency in the ecosystem. $BLOK holders will have access to exclusive privileges, especially if they have larger amounts. They have the opportunity to own real estate and earn passive income from advertising revenue, gaming, and networking.
In addition, Bloktopia has a rewards program where users can receive $BLOK for participating in community events. Then there are also pools available for short, medium, and long-term staking. $BLOK can be staked to help run the network and in turn earn attractive APYs.
A few key features of Bloktopia consist of the following:
- Reblok: In Bloktopia, you can buy virtual land with Rebloks. Through these deals, anyone in the world can buy a piece of Bloktopia’s world and hold it as an investment for the future.
- Joint Owned Bloktopia Enterprise (JOBE): A JOBE is like an IPO, where a small number of early investors can participate in a Reblok. Every month, the platform hosts several JOBEs. A single JOBE will have a certain number of lots on a floor, and it will cost a certain number of cryptocurrency tokens to buy it. Similar to other cryptocurrencies, users can also purchase a fraction of a JOBE.
- Staking pools: A staking pool lets investors in a blockchain pool their money and increase the chance for an asset to profit. Bloktopia gives users access to several different staking pools that mature after 90, 180, or 360 days. Participants can share the profits accrued during those periods.
- BLOK: The base cryptocurrency token that makes the Metaverse platform work.
- Land sale portal: The platform will soon have a place where people can buy and sell VR land. Users can navigate the platform’s different levels, look at floor plans, compare the prices and profits of different parcels, and make an investment. Just like in the real world, the higher up you go, the more expensive the homes are.
- Blokpad: A place for new Bloktopia users. There are two options: VIP and Essential. From this gateway, users can quickly move around the platform.
Where to buy and sell Bloktopia
Some cryptocurrencies are harder to obtain than others and $BLOK is one of them. While it is not yet available on the Coinbase wallet or app, you can purchase these tokens in popular and well-trusted crypto exchanges such as AAX, Bitpanda, Bitstamp, and Uphold.
In terms of future developments, it doesn’t get more modern than Bloktopia. Crypto fans have started seeing the appeal of this setup, which combines blockchain with virtual reality in a metaverse where NFTs are the main attraction.
In Q3 of 2022, Bloktopia plans to integrate custom avatars, allowing users to create and customize their avatars. It will also allow users to build Play-to-Earn games and have a Bloktopia Marketplace where users can buy, sell, and trade NFTs. Other functions are still being developed, which are outlined in this Bloktopia whitepaper.